The best bay rum aftershave is a need for every shave. It’s becoming more and more common to see bay rum in men’s aftershave products these days.
It dates back to the 16th century in the West Indies, making it one of the oldest aftershaves smells still in use today.
Moreover, it was the most popular aftershave in the world until nearly a century ago.
As the popularity of bay rum rises, it becomes clear why. It has a manly aroma of cloves and spices, yet it’s not dated.
Captain's Choice Bay Rum from Illinois
St. John's Bay Rum Cologne
Nebraska's Blue Electricity Ogallala Bay Rum
Barberry Coast Bay Rum Aftershave
Gilbert Henry Bay Rum Aftershave Balm
Gabels Bay Rum Aftershave
Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum
Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Grand Bay Bay Rum
Master Bay Rum Aftershave
Best Bay Rum Aftershave Reviews:
1. Captain’s Choice Bay Rum from Illinois – Editor’s Choice
With a name like Captain’s Choice, you can expect a classic ambiance.
When used, it produces a moderate alcoholic burn, but not a searing one. When you’re done shaving, you’ll feel nice and toasty.
The bay rum’s scent is softened by cinnamon, allspice, and a smidge of citrus.
This best bay rum aftershave has a more typical bay rum aroma than others, but it’s less clove-y.
Although the ingredients may not be what you’d anticipate, this meal nevertheless tastes great even if you’re not expecting it.
- When applied to the skin, it is quite pleasant to the touch.
- Witch hazel and glycerin counteract the effects of alcohol on the skin.
- Don’t anticipate the same old bay rum flavor.
In terms of quality, you can be sure that it was made by Scott himself, and the bottle is a work of art in its own right.
Captain’s Choice offers six aftershaves to pick from if you’re seeking something different.
2. St. John’s Bay Rum Cologne and Aftershave – Best Premium
Those who are familiar with St. John’s Bay Rum may recognize the unusual bottle with its ‘fishnet’ cover that has been around since just after World War II.
The St. John formula is best described as “subtle.” Even though it contains alcohol, the sensation is more like a tickle than a burn, and it’s easy to apply. Moreover, the perfume is well-balanced.
Furthermore, the woody scent of bay rum blends harmoniously with the spicy and aromatic tones of cinnamon and clove in this perfume.
- With a dash of bay rum, it smells much like your father and grandfather used to wear.
- This light scent was well-balanced and not overpowering in any way.
- Cologne and aftershave in one bottle.
- The absence of a moisturizing option is almost too commonplace.
- It’s a hefty price.
As an aftershave and scent in one, St. John’s best bay rum cologne may be worth your money.
Because the fragrance of bay rum fades quickly, it’s a good idea to have an extra bottle on hand.
3. Nebraska’s Blue Electricity Ogallala Bay Rum – Best Budget
Ogallala Bay Rum, from Ogallala, Nebraska, has a broad variety of flavors.
Even though there isn’t much of a burn to be felt rather it’s more like a warning that you over-shaved, it doesn’t hurt.
Cinnamon and bay rum scents are the most prevalent. Just a few minutes after being applied, it’s ready to get to work.
After usage, Ogallala’s witch hazel helps to keep skin moisturized by replenishing moisture lost via perspiration and alcohol.
- It’s a great burn; it’s heated without being uncomfortable.
- The scent of cinnamon, bay leaves, and cloves fill the air.
- Bottle in blue with a striking pattern.
- There’s no dabber to be found at this location.
The name speaks for itself, and there are six various aftershaves to choose from, not just bay rum.
A common component in all six is bay rum, yet each has a distinct flavor profile.
4. Barberry Coast Bay Rum Aftershave – Best Value
For a change of pace, try this aftershave instead of your regular.
Glycerin helps to hydrate and smooth the skin while reducing the sting’s intensity and duration compared to other products. If you’ve got sensitive skin, this is a fantastic option.
Initially, the scents of orange and bay rum predominate, but as time goes on, the six primary aromas of cinnamon, vanilla, bay leaf, cloves, and allspice begin to emerge.
The scent may linger in the air for up to three hours. You can see it, yet it isn’t so intense that it distracts.
- It isn’t overbearing, and it doesn’t smell.
- Moisture retention in clothing is greatly improved when using this fabric.
- An attractive bottle like this one might be placed on a bathroom counter.
- It’s a little bottle, but it is cheap.
Despite the lack of any actual barberries in the dish, you can’t help but like its pirate-y name.
It’s hard to believe that Barberry Coast is just a few years old. This is an excellent choice.
5. Gilbert Henry Bay Rum Aftershave Balm – Best Formula
For those who like a balm rather than a splash, this aftershave has an opaque consistency that is more like a lotion; it’s also a little more pronounced in aroma.
No greasy residue is left behind, even though the substance has a thick, gooey consistency.
Aloe vera, coconut oil, and glycerin help nourish the skin, while witch hazel and willow bark extract soothe irritation and redness, and neem oil fights germs and microbes.
Aromatically, it’s reminiscent of bay rum, but with a stronger clove note.
- Those with sensitive skin should avoid this product.
- You must try this one if you’re a fan of woody scents!
- After a little sting, you’ll feel a pleasant cooling.
- Expensive when weighed against the benefits received.
- There are times when liquids are preferred.
There’s hardly much rum in this. If you want to soothe your skin, this is an excellent lotion.
6. Gabels Bay Rum Aftershave – Best Scent
This best bay rum aftershave has a pleasant alcohol burn and a little scent to help you get going again after shaving.
Aromatically, the scent is simple yet powerful, with a strong combination of bay and clove.
You won’t have any troubles with your skin after using it.
However, it is geared towards barbershops differently: by sheer volume.
- Traditional bay rum has a clean, fresh scent.
- Alcoholic sobriquet burn, that isn’t so.
- If you’re a fan, you can often get a gallon for about $10.
- It’s possible that this is excessively simple or basic.
If you’re a fan of barbershop scent, then this is the one.
7. Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum – Best Quality
Prepare yourself for a significant increase in your blood alcohol level.
Upon application, the aroma is moderate yet spicy, with notes of clove and citrus.
After an hour or two, the scent begins to fade, so keep the bottle nearby if you want to preserve it.
Due to the lack of a moisturizing agent, those with dry or sensitive skin should exercise caution.
- One of the most well-known and respected companies in the field.
- It’s a light cologne or aftershave.
- This is a great way to get energized.
- Despite the bottle’s resemblance to glass, it is in fact plastic.
If you know your aftershave, you will love every bit of this one.
8. Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum – Best Design
After applying it, you’ll feel a burning sensation on your rough portions and a cooling sensation across the rest of your body.
To begin, the scent is citrus and gradually settles into notes of bay rum ( clove and cinnamon ), as well as other spices.
Even though it quickly disappears, it tends to reappear after a period of absence.
The list of components, on the other hand, raises some red flags.
In addition to the familiar alcohol, water, and fragrances, there is a slew of other substances with long chemical names that might be confusing at first glance.
- Has a long-lasting fragrance and is easy to use.
- You can smell, taste, and even feel the burn of bay rum.
- Because of its shape and labeling, the bottle looks elegant on the shelf.
- A plastic bottle is all that’s inside, not a glass one.
You can tell this is an old-fashioned product with a pirate ship on top just by glancing at the bottle and label.
There’s something cheap and unattractive about using a plastic bottle as a vase.
Despite the little flaw, this is still an excellent product.
9. Grand Bay Bay Rum – Best Longevity
This luxuriously subdued scent is dominated by a single note: bay rum. This combination has just three components: water, ethanol, and Dominica Bay tree oil.
Because it’s so simple, the scent only lasts for about 30 minutes until it fades away.
As a result of its high alcohol content, it leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.
There are no additional chemicals to tamp down the harshness of the alcohol in this lotion if you have sensitive or dry skin.
After using this product, you should always follow up with a moisturizer to maintain your skin healthy, regardless of your skin type.
- Bay leaves have a strong scent.
- You receive an 8 oz bottle.
- Contains a light scent.
- It’s all about you. It may be tiresome for some folks.
Grand Bay lime preserves the lovely simplicity of this cologne by just adding a whiff of lime.
In the hands of someone open to new ideas, it’s a fascinating blend.
10. Master Bay Rum Aftershave – Best Ingredients
If you’ve ever used an aftershave, you’ve probably experienced the stinging sensation caused by the alcohol in the formula.
Some aftershaves increase the kick factor, while others keep it at a more moderate level.
This last category includes Master Bay Rum. Applying the alcohol causes a little tingling sensation, but it does not cause any discomfort.
Ingredients are limited to water, alcohol, fragrances, and food coloring.
- Bay rum that isn’t overwhelmed by other aromas or flavors.
- Applying it is a pleasure.
- Glycerin helps the skin retain moisture.
- For the money you spend, you receive a lot of merchandise.
- It’s possible that some drinkers prefer a stronger alcohol burn.
Glycerin, another common component in skin care products, aids in skin moisture retention, keeping it smooth and supple.
When it comes to post-shave care, this helps.
Choosing the Best Bay Rum Aftershave – Buyer’s Guide :
An aftershave should have a lot of characteristics that you search for in a cologne.
For healthy skin, it is anticipated to promote cell regeneration.
Aftershave should be tested on your skin before purchase to ensure that it does not cause an allergic reaction and does not irritate the skin.
Because we now live in a digital age, this test is not always feasible.
Although it implies that you should walk into it blindly, this isn’t the case at all.
Instead, learn about your skin type and what products work best for you before deciding what to use.
Those with oily or regular skin should use a bay rum balm, on the whole (or those who live in humid climates).
People with dry skin should stay away from astringents and other products that contain a lot of alcohol.
Sensitive-skinned people should stick to unscented or bay oil-scented balms .
Most aftershaves using bay rum include alcohol. Disinfectants and anti-irritants are two of the most popular applications for this chemical.
If you use too much of it, your skin will feel like it’s on fire.
Consider these extra points as a result:
What Is the Difference Between After-Shave Bay Rum Lotion and A Regular Post-Shave Lotion?
Most of the time, the two varieties of aftershaves serve the same purpose.
To find the best in the world, though, you must be aware of a few differences. The first consideration is the quality of the components.
Alcoholic aftershaves and water-based aftershaves are the two most common varieties of regular aftershaves.
Companies who manufacture bay rum aftershave use rum and extracts from West Indian bay leaves, as opposed to the former two options.
The tingling sensation subsides in a matter of seconds owing to these two ingredients.
Another notable difference is the smell. Bay rum aftershave comes in a variety of scents, with some being stronger than others.
The complexity of the following recipes is accentuated by the use of citrus, cinnamon, and cloves.
Depending on the other ingredients, the aroma may be earthy or woody.
While regular aftershaves are full of synthetic fragrances and linger for a long time, this is not the case with this product.
They lack the natural essence of a Bay Rum aftershave.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Take a break from the stresses of the day-to-day to pamper yourself with a soothing wet shave, even in the modern world.
To top it all off, we’ve got aftershave to keep you smelling fresh for a few hours while also soothing your sore muscles.
Captain’s Choice Bay Rum is our top pick from the 10 rums mentioned above. It’s a slam dunk in every way.
To notify you where you’ve sliced too near, the alcohol concentration offers a nice burn.
Moreover, it reduces the effects of alcohol while keeping your skin hydrated.
There’s a traditional bay rum perfume here, with just the appropriate amount of additional spices to create a masculine and mature smell.
Furthermore, it’s not a burden on the pocketbook.